Work Readiness Action Programme (WRAP)
Are you not in education, employment or training?
Do you feel that there are endless barriers stopping you from fulfilling your potential, attending education or getting into work?
Feeling beaten by the “system” and don’t know where to turn?
Are you between 16 - 29 years old?
Service Six can help you.
Our Big Lottery funded service working alongside first-class partners such as Goodwill Solutions, Northampton Citizen’s Advice Bureau and The University of Northampton can:
- Support you even if you don’t have ID
- Help you develop financial literacy and take control of your money
- Work with you to improve your resilience, gain confidence and increase your self-esteem
- Help writing your C.V. and preparation for interviews
- Access professional therapy, mediation, one-to-one and peer group support
- Support you to the point of getting and maintaining education or training or gaining employment, and beyond
- Assist you in being able to access work; such as transportation, smart clothing and mobile telephone credit
Based in Northamptonshire Service Six provides professional therapy, support, guidance, interventions, positive activity programmes and much more for disadvantaged children, young people, adults and families.
Interested or want to find out more?
Give us a call on 01933 277520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and a contact number.
Professionals & Organisations
Service Six are delighted to announce their involvement in the Big Lottery and European Social Fund’s “Work Readiness Action Programme” (WRAP), delivered in collaboration with Goodwill Solutions CIC, Northampton Citizen’s Advice and the University of Northampton amongst others.
Funded for three years WRAP aims to:
- Reduce “Worklessness Poverty” by removing barriers to employment such as having no ID and poor literacy and providing access to practical work with relevant skills and qualifications.
- Provide “Wrap Around” support, capitalising on partner agencies bespoke skill sets to offer a suite of services to improve resilience, develop life-skills, provide access to mediation, 1:1 support and professional counselling and help tackle substance and alcohol misuse.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of participants and support positive choices surrounding lifestyle, mental and sexual health and boost self-esteem and confidence.
- Support participants in seeking and gaining employment through assistance in C.V. writing, preparation for interviews and ongoing guidance and interaction beyond the job offer to boost the likelihood of retention. WRAP will also work with employers to tackle prejudice and identify opportunities for participants.
Service Six are accepting referrals into WRAP from 01 September 2016. Should you be aware of anyone who would benefit from this service please contact our Portal on 01933 277520 or email email@example.com